Collection of Information
AJ’s Edible Arts, Inc. is committed to the protection of personal information of the users of its websites. AJ’s Edible Arts Staff and external processors who have access to personal information and are associated with the processing of that information are obligated to respect the privacy and confidentiality of information.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase; create an online account or profile; sign up for contests, promotions, mailing lists, and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Membership and Online Account Information: such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address.
- Transaction Information: such as your name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email address, credit card information, and transaction history.
Use of Collected Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
- administer your account and communicate with you about special offers
- provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, and updates.
- provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about AJ’s products, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests; and
- process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes.
Anonymous information is collected from visits to AJ’s Edible Arts website to measure user activity on these websites. This includes analysing these logs periodically to measure the traffic through the servers, the number of pages visited and the level of demand for pages and topics of interest, and to help the AJ’s Edible Arts provide better customer service. The logs may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the data on the servers. This information is collected through the use of various technologies, including “cookies”.
Moreover, the following information is associated with the cookie: IP address, session number, customer ID (first name, last name and job function) and identification number for online payments, if used. If the user has chosen to “remember login and password”, those two items are encrypted and also associated with the cookie. When a registered user returns to the site without logging in, the ID stored in the cookie is used to track the user (unless the user manually deleted the cookie, at which point the server will automatically create another cookie). If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner, you can disable cookies in your browser.
Please note that the personal information recorded when you voluntarily registered with AJ’s Edible Arts, is extracted in an anonymous format and then analysed at an aggregate level to help AJ’s Edible Arts understand trends and patterns. None of this information is reviewed at an individual level, nor associated with any other personal information.
Sharing of Information
We will not share your personal information with third parties or affiliates.
Throughout the AJ’s Edible Arts websites, you may find links to other third-party websites. Please note that the AJ’s Edible Arts is not responsible for the privacy policies or content on third-party websites.
AJ’s Edible Arts website may also include links to third-party web servers for online payments, which may have different privacy policies. You are therefore encouraged to review their privacy policies, when visiting these websites.
Changes to this Policy
AJ’s may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.